Disclosure: The authors report no conflict of interest.
Article first published online: 12 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages E10–E13, January 2013
How to Cite
Pikilidou, M. I., Scuteri, A., Morrell, C. and Lakatta, E. G. (2013), The burden of obesity on blood pressure is reduced in older persons: The sardinia study. Obesity, 21: E10–E13. doi: 10.1002/oby.20010
Funding agencies: The SardiNIA team was supported by Contract NO1-AG-1-2109 from the NIA. This research was supported in part by the Intramural Research Program of the NIH, National Institute on Aging (USA).
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 12 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 AUG 2012 10:54AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 FEB 2012
- NIA. Grant Number: NO1-AG-1-2109
- Intramural Research Program of the NIH, National Institute on Aging (USA)
- 2Clinical guidelines on the identification evaluation and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults. NIH, Bethesda MD; 1998. NIH Publication No. 98-4083.
- 3Prevention of stroke by antihypertensive drug treatment in older persons with isolated systolic hypertension. Final results of the Systolic Hypertension in the Elderly Program (SHEP). SHEP Cooperative Research Group. JAMA 1991; 265: 3255-3264.
- 6Anthropometric indices of obesity and hypertension in different age and gender groups of Croatian population. Coll Antropol 2009; 33 ( Suppl 1): 75-80., .
- 13Medical Research Council trial of treatment of hypertension in older adults: principal results. MRC Working Party. BMJ 1992; 30 4: 405-412.