Disclosure: The authors declared no conflict of interest.
Implication of high-body-fat percentage on cardiometabolic risk in middle-aged, healthy, normal-weight adults
Version of Record online: 9 APR 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 8, pages 1571–1577, August 2013
How to Cite
Kim, J. Y., Han, S.-H. and Yang, B.-M. (2013), Implication of high-body-fat percentage on cardiometabolic risk in middle-aged, healthy, normal-weight adults. Obesity, 21: 1571–1577. doi: 10.1002/oby.20020
- Issue online: 22 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 9 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 AUG 2012 10:57AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 3 OCT 2011
- 2WHO. Obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic. Report of a WHO Consultation on Obesity, Geneva, 3–5 June 1997. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1998.
- 5WHO/IASO/IOTF. The Asia-Pacific perspective: redefining obesity and its treatment. Sydney (Australia): Australasian Society for the Study of Obesity; 2000., , , , ,
- 6Comparison of the predictability of cardiovascular disease risk according to different metabolic syndrome criteria of American Heart Association/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and International Diabetes Federation in Korean Men. Korean Diab J 2008;32:317–327. (Korean), , , et al.
- 11Relationship between percent body fat and cardiovascular risk factors for normal weight adults. J Korean Acad Fam Med 2006;27:352–357., .
- 13Metabolically obese but normal weight (MONW) and metabolically healthy but obese (MHO) phenotypes in Koreans: characteristics and health behaviors. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 2009;18:280–284..
- 16Measuring performance evaluation of body fat measuring instrument applying body measuring value method. Korean J Health Promot Dis Prev 2006;6:79–87. (Korean), , , et al.
- 18WHO/IASO/IOTF. The Asia-Pacific perspective: redefining obesity and its treatment. Health Communications Australia Pty Ltd.;2000.
- 19WHO. Physical status: the use and interpretation of anthropometry. Report of a WHO expert committee. WHO Tech Rep Ser 1995;854:1–452.
- 20Korean J Obes 2004;13:14–21. (Korean), . The cut-off values of body fat to identify cardiovascular risk among Korean adults.
- 24International Diabetes Federation: the IDF consensus worldwide definition of the metabolic syndrome.<http://www.idf.org/webdata/docs/IDF_Meta_def_final.pdf>. Accessed 2 January 2012.
- 26National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection E, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report.Circulation 2002;106:3143–3421.
- 27American Diabetes Association. Standards of medical care in diabetes.Diabetes Care 2004;27:S15–S35.
- 29Body composition analyses in normal weight obese women. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2006;10:191–196., , , , , .