Disclosure: The author declared no conflict of interest.
Article first published online: 12 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages E26–E32, January 2013
How to Cite
Hearst, M. O., Biskeborn, K., Christensen, M. and Cushing, C. (2013), Trends of overweight and obesity among white and american indian school children in south dakota, 1998–2010. Obesity, 21: E26–E32. doi: 10.1002/oby.20022
Funding agencies: This research was sponsored by Grant Number #18MC00046 from the State Systems Development Initiative of the Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration of HHS.
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 12 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 SEP 2012 08:09AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 17 JAN 2012
- 4The co-occurrence of obesity, elevated blood pressure, and acanthosis nigricans among American Indian school children: identifying individual heritage and environment-level correlates. Am J Hum Biol 2011; 23: 346–352., , , et al.
- 6School Nutrition Operations Report: The State of School Nutrition 2007. Alexandria, VA: School Nutrition Association; 2007., .
- 7Obesity and American Indians/Alaska Natives. Washington DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; 2007 Contract No.: Document Number..
- 8MMWR. Health status of American Indians compared with other racial/ethnic minority populations—selected states, 2001–2002. MMWR 2003; 52: 1148–1152.
- 13Obesity and socioeconomic status in children and adolescents: United States, 2005–2008. NCHS Data Brief 2011; 51: 1–8., , , .
- 14U.S. Census. American Fact Finder: Population Characteristics. 2007 [updated 2007; cited 2007]; Available from: www.census.gov.
- 15Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Growth Charts 2000: United States. 2000 [updated 2000; cited 2008 January 28]; Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts.
- 16Understanding the rural food environment—perspectives of low-income parents. Rural Remote Health 2011; 11: 1631., , , .