Disclosure: The authors declared no conflict of interest.
Delayed efficient anticoagulation with heparin in patients with a weight of 110 kg and more treated for acute coronary syndrome
Version of Record online: 9 APR 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 9, pages 1753–1758, September 2013
How to Cite
Joncas, S. X., Poirier, P., Ardilouze, J.-L., Carrier, N., Fayad, T. and Farand, P. (2013), Delayed efficient anticoagulation with heparin in patients with a weight of 110 kg and more treated for acute coronary syndrome. Obesity, 21: 1753–1758. doi: 10.1002/oby.20029
- Issue online: 23 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 9 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 SEP 2012 11:56AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 17 APR 2011
- 1ACC/AHA 2007 guidelines for the management of patients with unstable angina/non ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 2002 Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/Non ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction): developed in collaboration with the American College of Emergency Physicians, the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons: endorsed by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation and the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine. Circulation 2007;116:e148-e304., , , et al.
- 15Obesity: preventing and managing the global endemic. WHO Technical Report Series 894., 2000. Available at: at http://apps.who.int.bmi/, accessed on April 1, 2010.
- 16Obesity and cardiovascular disease: pathophysiology, evaluation, and effect of weight loss: an update of the 1997 American Heart Association Scientific Statement on Obesity and Heart Disease from the Obesity Committee of the Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism. Circulation 2006;113:898-918., , , et al.
- 22Safety and efficacy of a high-intensity, weight-based, intravenous heparin protocol revision in patients who are obese. Hosp Pharm 2008;43:895-902..
- 36The determinants of activated partial thromboplastin time, relation of activated partial thromboplastin time to clinical outcomes, and optimal dosing regimens for heparin treated patients with acute coronary syndromes: a review of GUSTO-IIb. J Thromb Thrombolysis 2002;14:91-101., , , et al.