Anthony P. Thomas and Tamara N. Dunn contributed equally to this research.
Article first published online: 16 APR 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages E229–E235, March 2013
How to Cite
Thomas, A. P., Dunn, T. N., Drayton, J. B., Oort, P. J. and Adams, S. H. (2013), A dairy-based high calcium diet improves glucose homeostasis and reduces steatosis in the context of preexisting obesity. Obesity, 21: E229–E235. doi: 10.1002/oby.20039
Disclosure: The authors declared no conflict of interest.
Funding agencies: This research was supported in part by intramural USDA-ARS Projects 5306-51530-016-00D and 5306-51530-019-00 and the National Dairy Council (grant administered by the Dairy Research Institute).
- Issue published online: 16 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 16 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 SEP 2012 02:55PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 JAN 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Explorative study of metabolic adaptations to various dietary calcium intakes and cereal sources on serum metabolome and hepatic gene expression in juvenile pigs, Metabolomics, 2015, 11, 3, 545, , , ,
- 2A diet containing a nonfat dry milk matrix significantly alters systemic oxylipins and the endocannabinoid 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG) in diet-induced obese mice, Nutrition & Metabolism, 2014, 11, 1, 24, , , , ,
- 3Associations between dairy foods, diabetes, and metabolic health: Potential mechanisms and future directions, Metabolism, 2014, 63, 5, 618, , , ,
- 4Identification of important regressor groups, subgroups and individuals via regularization methods: application to gut microbiome data, Bioinformatics, 2014, 30, 6, 831, , , ,
- 5Dietary Quality Indices and Biochemical Parameters Among Patients With Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD), Hepatitis Monthly, 2013, 13, 7, , , , ,
- 6Overweight and Obesity Associated With Increased Total Serum Calcium Level: Comparison of Cross-sectional Data in the Health Screening for Teaching Faculty, Biological Trace Element Research, 2013, 156, 1-3, 74, , , , , , , , , , , ,