*LK's affiliation is currently Bristol-Myers Squibb and was affiliated with Roche Pharmaceuticals at the time of the study. RB's affiliation is currently Eli Lilly and Company Ltd, Erl Wood Manor, Windlesham, Surrey, UK and was affiliated with F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG at the time of the study.
Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 2, pages 238–247, February 2013
How to Cite
Hollander, P., Lasko, B., Barnett, A. H., Bengus, M., Kanitra, L., Pi-Sunyer, F. X. and Balena, R. (2013), Effects of taspoglutide on glycemic control and body weight in obese patients with type 2 diabetes (T-emerge 7 study). Obesity, 21: 238–247. doi: 10.1002/oby.20042
Disclosures: The T-emerge 7 study was funded by F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. Priscilla Hollander had membership on advisory panels and standing committees for NovoNordisk, Merck, Pfizer, Orexigen, and Roche and received honoraria or consulting fees from NovoNordisk, Merck, Pfizer, Orexigen, and Roche. Anthony Barnett received honoraria or consulting fees from Roche, MSD, Bristol-Myers Squibb/Astra Zeneca, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Lilly, NovoNordisk, Sanofi-Aventis, and Novartis. Ben Lasko declared no conflict of interest. Xavier Pi-Sunyer had membership on advisory panels, standing committees, or board of directors for Amylin, NovoNordisk, Weight Watchers, McNeil Nutritionals, Lilly, and Vivus and received grant/research support from Arena, Astra Zeneca, Merck, Schering-Plough, Orexigen, and Vivus. Monica Bengus is an employee of F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG. Linda Kanitra's affiliation is currently Bristol-Myers Squibb and was affiliated with Roche Pharmaceuticals at the time of the study. Raffaella Balena is an employee of Eli Lilly and Company Ltd and was affiliated with F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG at the time of the study.
Funding agencies: The T-emerge 7 study was funded by F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Issue online: 26 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 SEP 2012 02:55PM EST
- Manuscript Received: 19 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JUL 2012
- F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- 1World Health Organization. Preventing chronic diseases: a vital investment: WHO global report. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2005. Available at: http://www.who.int/chp/chronic_disease_report/en/.
- 14Treatment with the human once-weekly glucagon-like peptide-1 analog taspoglutide in combination with metformin improves glycemic control and lowers body weight in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin alone: a double-blind placebo-controlled study. Diabetes Care 2009; 32: 1237-1243., , , et al.
- 15Safety and tolerability of high doses of taspoglutide, a once-weekly human GLP-1 analogue, in diabetic patients treated with metformin: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study. Diabetic Med 2010; 27: 556-562., , , et al.
- 16Interim analysis of the effects of exenatide treatment on A1C, weight and cardiovascular risk factors over 82 weeks in 314 overweight patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Obes Metab 2006; 8: 436-447., , , et al.
- 20Weight loss with liraglutide, a once-daily human glucagon-like peptide-1 analogue for type 2 diabetes treatment as monotherapy or added to metformin, is primarily as a result of a reduction in fat tissue. Diabetes Obes Metab 2009; 11: 1163-1172., , , et al.