Disclosures: All authors have read the journal's policy on disclosure of potential conflicts of interest. The authors have no potential conflicts of interest to declare.
Article first published online: 29 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages E71–E77, January 2013
How to Cite
Mangge, H., Zelzer, S., Puerstner, P., Schnedl, W. J., Reeves, G., Postolache, T. T. and Weghuber, D. (2013), Uric acid best predicts metabolically unhealthy obesity with increased cardiovascular risk in youth and adults. Obesity, 21: E71–E77. doi: 10.1002/oby.20061
Funding agencies: This work was funded by the “Zukunftsfond Steiermark” Project “STYJOBS-Extension”. Furthermore, the Austrian Nano-Initiative co-financed this work as part of the Nano-Health project (no. 0200), the sub-project NANO-PLAQUE being financed by the Austrian FWF (Fonds zur Förderung der Wissenschaftlichen Forschung, Project no. N212-NAN). Financial support of a technician and consumables associated with the set up of the STYJOBS EDECTA Cohort.
Abbreviations: BMI, body mass index; CHE, cholinesterase; CI, Confidence interval; AST/GOT, Aspartat-Aminotransferase; ALT/GPT, Alanin-Aminotransferase; gamma-GT, Gammaglutaryltransferase; CCA, Common carotid arteries; CT, Computed tomography; CRP, C-reactive protein; HDL, High dense lipoprotein; HOMA-IR, Homeostatic model assessment – insulin resistance; IL-6, Interleukin-6; IMT, Intima media thickness; MetS, Metabolic syndrome; oxLDL, Oxidized low dense lipoprotein; SAT, Subcutaneous adipose tissue; US-CRP, Ultra sensitive c-reactive protein; UA, Uric acid; VAT, Visceral adipose tissue; WHR, Waist-to-Height Ratio.
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 29 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 OCT 2012 05:36PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 5 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 FEB 2012
- 5Harmonizing the metabolic syndrome: a joint interim statement of the International Diabetes Federation Task Force on Epidemiology and Prevention; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; American Heart Association; World Heart Federation; International Atherosclerosis Society; and International Association for the Study of Obesity. Circulation 2009; 120: 1640-1645., , , et al.