ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00623792.
Article first published online: 26 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 2, pages 254–260, February 2013
How to Cite
Kalarchian, M. A., Marcus, M. D., Courcoulas, A. P., Cheng, Y. and Levine, M. D. (2013), Preoperative lifestyle intervention in bariatric surgery: Initial results from a randomized, controlled trial. Obesity, 21: 254–260. doi: 10.1002/oby.20069
Disclosure: The authors have no conflicts of interest.
Funding agencies: R01DK077102 from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (PI: Melissa A. Kalarchian).
- Issue published online: 26 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 26 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 OCT 2012 10:52AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 28 FEB 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Exploratory and Confirmatory Factor Analyses and Demographic Correlate Models of the Strategies for Weight Management Measure for Overweight or Obese Adults, American Journal of Health Promotion, 2015, 29, 4, e147, , , , , , ,
- 3Predicting Remission of Diabetes After RYGB Surgery Following Intensive Management to Optimize Preoperative Glucose Control, Obesity Surgery, 2015, 25, 1, 1, , , , , ,
- 4Predictors of a successful medical weight loss program, Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2015, 11, 2, 431, , , , , ,
- 5Preoperative Interventions for Patients Being Considered for Bariatric Surgery: Separating the Fact from Fiction, Obesity Surgery, 2015, 25, 8, 1527, , , , , , ,
- 6Preoperative lifestyle intervention in bariatric surgery: a randomized clinical trial, Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2015,, , , , ,
- 7Reliability and concurrent and construct validity of the Strategies for Weight Management measure for adults, Obesity Research & Clinical Practice, 2015,, , , , , , ,
- 8The Impact of Psychological Support on Weight Loss Post Weight Loss Surgery: a Randomised Control Trial, Obesity Surgery, 2015, 25, 3, 500, , ,
- 9Bariatric psychology in the UK National Health Service: input across the patient pathway, BMC Obesity, 2014, 1, 1, , , , , ,
- 10Self-report of gastrointestinal side effects after bariatric surgery, Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 2014, 10, 6, 1202, , , , ,
- 11Nutritional Management of Bariatric Surgery, The Journal of Korean Diabetes, 2013, 14, 2, 71,