K.C. Vickers and S. Varma shear second authorship.
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 5, pages 960–967, May 2013
How to Cite
Pavlatou, M. G., Vickers, K. C., Varma, S., Malek, R., Sampson, M., Remaley, A. T., Gold, P. W., Skarulis, M. C. and Kino, T. (2013), Circulating cortisol-associated signature of glucocorticoid-related gene expression in subcutaneous fat of obese subjects. Obesity, 21: 960–967. doi: 10.1002/oby.20073
Disclosure: The authors declared no conflict of interest.
Funding source: This study was funded by the Intramural Research Program of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institute of Allergy and Inflammatory Diseases, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases and the National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health. We thank Drs. A.H. DeCherney, Program in Reproductive and Adult Endocrinology, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, and G.P. Chrousos, 1st Department of Pediatrics, Athens University Medical School, for valuable discussion at the time of starting this study and for editing the manuscript, respectively. K.C.V. is supported by NIH NHLBI Intramural Research Program and NIH KHL113039A.
- Issue published online: 20 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 OCT 2012 01:00PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 28 FEB 2012
- Intramural Research Program
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Institute of Allergy and Inflammatory Diseases
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Institutes of Health
- NIH. Grant Number: KHL113039A
- 2Glucocorticoid effect on gene expression. In: Steckler T, Kalin NH, Reul JMHM, (eds). Handbook on Stress and the Brain Part 1. Amsterdam: Elsevier BV; 2004. pp 295-312., .
- 3The adrenal cortex. In: Wilson JD, Foster DW, (eds). Textbook of Endocrinology. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co.; 1998. pp 517-614., .
- 16Controlling the false discovery rate: a practical and powerful approach to multiple testing. J R Statist Soc B 1995; 57: 289-300., .
- 17Glucocorticoid therapy. In: Felig P, Frohman LA, (eds). Endocrinology & Metablism. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2001. pp 609-632..