Disclosure: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Weight-related teasing from adolescence to young adulthood: Longitudinal and secular trends between 1999 and 2010
Article first published online: 13 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 9, pages E428–E434, September 2013
How to Cite
Haines, J., Hannan, P. J., van den Berg, P., Eisenberg, M. E. and Neumark-Sztainer, D. (2013), Weight-related teasing from adolescence to young adulthood: Longitudinal and secular trends between 1999 and 2010. Obesity, 21: E428–E434. doi: 10.1002/oby.20092
- Issue published online: 23 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 13 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 24 OCT 2012 09:13AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 17 JUL 2012
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (PI: Dianne Neumark-Sztainer). Grant Number: R01HL084064
- 14Do young adults participate in surveys that ‘go green’? Response rates to a web and mailed survey of weight-related health behaviors. Int J Child Health Hum Dev 2011;4:225-237., , , , , .
- 16Identifying correlates of young adults' weight behavior: survey development. Am J Health Behav 2011;35:712-725., , , , .
- 17CDC Growth Charts: United States. Advance Data 2000;8:1-27., , , et al.
- 18Survey nonresponse adjustments for estimates of means. Int Stat Rev 1986;54:137-139..
- 21Appearance-related feedback. In: Thompson JK, Heinberg L, Altabe M, Tantleff-Dunn S, editors. Exacting Beauty: Theory, Assessment and Treatment of Body Image Disturbance. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association; 1999:151-174., , , , .
- 22Family of boy, 12, who hanged himself points to bullying. In: The New York Times. New York, NY, May 31, 2012., .
- 23Bullying's rising toll of suicides has political leaders taking action. In: The Globe and Mail. Toronto, ON, November 30, 2011., .
- 27A pilot evaluation of Fat Talk Free Week: A social marketing campaign to decrease self-disparaging talk about body and weight [Abstract]. Presented at International Conference for Eating Disorders. Austin, TX, 2012., , , , .