Disclosure: The authors have no relevant conflict of interest to disclose.
Depressive symptoms are associated with visceral adiposity in a community-based sample of middle-aged women and men
Article first published online: 13 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 8, pages 1713–1719, August 2013
How to Cite
Murabito, J. M., Massaro, J. M., Clifford, B., Hoffmann, U. and Fox, C. S. (2013), Depressive symptoms are associated with visceral adiposity in a community-based sample of middle-aged women and men. Obesity, 21: 1713–1719. doi: 10.1002/oby.20130
Author contributions: JM (JM Murabito), JMM, CSF contributed to the conception and design of the study and interpretation of data; JMM conducted the statistical analysis; BC researched data; UH contributed to collection of the CT data; JM drafted the manuscript and JMM and CSF contributed to revising the manuscript for important intellectual content. All authors reviewed and approved the final manuscript.
Funding agencies: The Framingham Heart Study is funded by National Heart Blood and Lung Institute (contract N01-HC-25195).
- Issue published online: 22 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 13 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 NOV 2012 05:51PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 23 JUN 2011
This article has been cited by:
- 2Effects of additional exercise training on epicardial, intra-abdominal and subcutaneous adipose tissue in major depressive disorder: A randomized pilot study, Journal of Affective Disorders, 2016, 192, 91, , , , , , , , , ,
- 3Overweight and Distress Have a Joint Association With Long-Term Sickness Absence Among Dutch Employees, Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 2015, 57, 1, 52, , , ,
- 4Sex and race/ethnic disparities in the cross-sectional association between depressive symptoms and muscle mass: the Multi-ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis, BMC Psychiatry, 2015, 15, 1, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 5A decline in inflammation is associated with less depressive symptoms after a dietary intervention in metabolic syndrome patients: a longitudinal study, Nutrition Journal, 2014, 13, 1, 36, , , , , , , , , ,
- 6Difference by sex but not by race/ethnicity in the visceral adipose tissue-depressive symptoms association: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis, Psychoneuroendocrinology, 2014, 47, 78, , , , , , , , , , , , ,