Disclosures: Dr. de Lemos has received grant support from Roche Diagnostics; consulting income from Tethys Bioscience, AstraZeneca, and Daiichi Sankyo; and lecture honoraria from BMS/Sanofi-Aventis. Dr. McGuire has received consulting income from F. Hoffmann LaRoche, Genentech, Sanofi-Aventis, Daiichi Sankyo, Novo Nordisk, and Tethys Bioscience.
Associations of visceral and abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue with markers of cardiac and metabolic risk in obese adults
Version of Record online: 19 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 9, pages E439–E447, September 2013
How to Cite
Neeland, I. J., Ayers, C. R., Rohatgi, A. K., Turer, A. T., Berry, J. D., Das, S. R., Vega, G. L., Khera, A., McGuire, D. K., Grundy, S. M. and de Lemos, J. A. (2013), Associations of visceral and abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue with markers of cardiac and metabolic risk in obese adults. Obesity, 21: E439–E447. doi: 10.1002/oby.20135
Funding agencies: This work was supported by Award Number T32HL007360 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to Dr. Neeland, the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation (Las Vegas, NV), by grants UL1DE019584 and PL1DK081182 from the National Institutes of Health, and by grant #UL1TR000451 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences/National Institutes of Health. Biomarker measurements were supported by investigator-initiated grants from Alere Inc (San Diego CA) and Roche Diagnostics (Indianapolis IN).
- Issue online: 23 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 19 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 NOV 2012 08:14AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 28 MAR 2012
- 16Grundy SM, Becker D, Clark LT, et al. Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report. Circulation 2002;106:3143-421.
- 31Regression Models for Categorical and Limited Dependent Variables. Sage: Thousand Oaks, California, 1997, 187-203..
- 36Visceral abdominal adipose tissue and coronary atherosclerosis in asymptomatic diabetics. Int J Cardiol. 2011 Jun 2. [Epub ahead of print]., , , et al.