Clinical Trial Registration: Australian New Zealand Clinical Trial Registry Number: ACTRN12608000233325. Registered 7/5/2008. [www.anzctr.org.au].
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 5, pages 904–909, May 2013
How to Cite
Harrison, C. L., Lombard, C. B., Strauss, B. J. and Teede, H. J. (2013), Optimizing healthy gestational weight gain in women at high risk of gestational diabetes: A randomized controlled trial. Obesity, 21: 904–909. doi: 10.1002/oby.20163
The authors have nothing to disclose. No financial disclosures were reported by the authors of this article.
Funding agencies: This project is supported by a BRIDGES grant from the International Diabetes Federation. BRIDGES, an International Diabetes Federation project, is supported by an educational grant from Lilly Diabetes (Project Number: LT07-121). The Jack Brockhoff Foundation also provided funding for this study. Helena Teede is an NHMRC research fellow.
- Issue published online: 20 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 NOV 2012 10:50AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 8 JUL 2012
- BRIDGES grant from the International Diabetes Federation
- International Diabetes Federation. Grant Number: LT07-121
- Jack Brockhoff Foundation
- NHMRC research fellow
- 11Rasmussen K, Yaktine AL (Eds). Institute of Medicine and National Research Council Committee to Reexamine IOM Pregnancy Weight Guidelines. Weight Gain During Pregnancy: Reexamining the Guidelines. Washington, DC: National Academic Press; 2009.
- 16WHO/IASO/IOTF. The Asia-Pacific perspective: re-defining obesity and its treatment. Avaiable from: http://www.wpro.who.int/NR/rdonlyres/0A35147B-B1D5-45A6-9FF2-F7D86608A4DE/0/Redefiningobesity.pdf: Health Communications Australia, Melbourne; 2000.
- 17Dietary Guidelines For Australian Adults. National Health and Medical Research Council; 2003. [updated (Last updated 2010)]. Available from: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/abhi/publishing.nsf/Content/dietary-guidelines-lp.
- 19Measuring physical activity during pregnancy. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 2011; 8., , , .
- 23Guidelines for data processing and analysis of the International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ)—short and long forms. The IPAQ Group, 2005. Available from: http://www.ipaq.ki.se/scoring.pdf [Accessed 26/5/2010].
- 25Gestational diabetes mellitus: management guidelines. MJA 1998; 169: 93–97., , , , .
- 26International association of diabetes and pregnancy study groups recommendations on the diagnosis and classification of hyperglycemia in pregnancy. Diabetes Care 2010; 33: 676–682., , , et al.
- 272007. Available from: http://www.alswh.org.au/Reports/OtherReportsPDF/ALSWHMajorReportB310707_final.pdf., , , et al. Women's weight: findings from the Australian Longitudinal Study on Women's Health. Australian Government Department of Health & Ageing; June
- 28Design of the New Life(style) study: a randomised controlled trial to optimise maternal weight development during pregnancy [ISRCTN85313483]. BMC Public Health 2006; 6., , , , .
- 34Reducing excessive weight gain in pregnancy: a randomised controlled trial. MJA 2009; 191: 429–433., , , .
- 35Intervention components associated with increased effectiveness in dietary and physical activity interventions. BMC Public Health 2011; 11., , , et al.