Trial Registration clinicaltrials.gov Identifier is NCT00746265
The mind your health project: A randomized controlled trial of an innovative behavioral treatment for obesity
Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 6, pages 1119–1126, June 2013
How to Cite
Forman, E.M., Butryn, M.L., Juarascio, A.S., Bradley, L.E., Lowe, M.R., Herbert, J.D. and Shaw, J.A. (2013), The mind your health project: A randomized controlled trial of an innovative behavioral treatment for obesity. Obesity, 21: 1119–1126. doi: 10.1002/oby.20169
Disclosure: The first author had full access to all of the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis. In addition, the authors declared no conflict of interest.
Funding source: This study was supported by a grant from the National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases (R21DK080430).
- Issue online: 26 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 NOV 2012 09:03AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 SEP 2012
- National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases. Grant Number: R21DK080430
Vol. 22, Issue 3, 971, Version of Record online: 6 DEC 2013
- 9Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. New York: Guilford Press; 1993..
- 11Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: An Experiential Approach to Behavior Change. New York: Guilford Press; 1999., ,
- 12New directions in cognitive behavior therapy: acceptance-based therapies. In: O'Donohue W, Fisher JE (eds). General Principles and Empirically Supported Techniques in Cognitive Behavior Therapy. Hoboken: Wiley; 2009, pp 77-101., .
- 13Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think. New York: Bantam; 2006..
- 16Comparison of acceptance-based and standard cognitive-based coping strategies for craving sweets in overweight and obese women. Under review., , , , .
- 25The LEARN program for weight management. American Health: Dallas, 2000..
- 26University of Pittsburgh. http://www.bsc.gwu.edu/dpp/manuals.htmlvdoc. Accessed November 8, 2007.
- 27Intrinsic Motivation and Self-Determination in Human Behavior. New York: Plenum; 1985., .
- 28Mindfulness and meditation. In: Miller WR (ed). Integrating Spirituality in Treatment. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association; 1999, pp 67-84., .
- 29Clinical validation of the quality of life Inventory. Psychol Assess 1992;4:92-101., , , .
- 36An analytic primer and computational tool for observed variable moderation, mediation, and conditional process modeling. Manuscript submitted for publication. 2012..