Disclosure: The authors declared no conflict of interest.
Projection of older Australians with a history of midlife obesity and overweight 2010–2050
Article first published online: 13 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 12, pages 2579–2581, December 2013
How to Cite
Nepal, B. and Brown, L. (2013), Projection of older Australians with a history of midlife obesity and overweight 2010–2050. Obesity, 21: 2579–2581. doi: 10.1002/oby.20187
Funding agency: This study was supported by Dementia Collaborative Research Centre for Early Diagnosis and Prevention, an Australian Government's Dementia Initiative.
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 13 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 NOV 2012 04:18PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 6 AUG 2012
- Dementia Collaborative Research Centre for Early Diagnosis and Prevention
- Australian Government's Dementia Initiative
- 2The obesity epidemic: Analysis of past and projected future trends in selected OECD countries; 2009. OECD Health Working Papers no. 45., , , .
- 3Health and economic burden of the projected obesity trends in the USA and the UK. Lancet 2011;378:815-825., , , , .
- 5ABS (Australian Bureau of Statistics). Population Projections, Australia, 2006 to 2101. Canberra: ABS; 2008. Cat. No. 3222.0.
- 7Projected progression of the prevalence of obesity in Australia. Obesity, in press., , , et al.
- 8Future predictions of body mass index and overweight prevalence in Australia, 2005–2025. Health Promot Int 2011., , , , .