Disclosure: The authors have no competing interests.
Version of Record online: 20 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 5, pages 1004–1012, May 2013
How to Cite
Haemer, M. A., Ranade, D., Barón, A. E. and Krebs, N. F. (2013), A clinical model of obesity treatment is more effective in preschoolers and Spanish speaking families. Obesity, 21: 1004–1012. doi: 10.1002/oby.20192
Funding agencies: the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Nutrition Training Grant—Dr Haemer (T32 DK07658-18) and Midcareer Investigator Award in Patient-Oriented Research Dr. Krebs (NIDDK 9K24 DK083772).
- Issue online: 20 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 NOV 2012 09:02AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 17 JAN 2012
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Nutrition Training Grant—Dr Haemer. Grant Numbers: T32 DK07658-18, 9K24 DK083772
- 8Screening for obesity in children and adolescents: US preventive services task force recommendation statement. Pediatrics 125: 361-367..
- 12US_Census_Bureau_Population_Division. US Census Bureau: Population Estimates, Vintage 2009 [6–20–2011]; Available at: http://www.census.gov/popest/national/asrh/natasrh.html.
- 16Randomized controlled trial to improve primary care to prevent and manage childhood obesity: the high five for kids study. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med., , , et al.
- 202008 HJ. PASS, NCSS, LLC. Available at: www.ncss.com Kaysville, Utah 2008.
- 22Patient engagement and attrition in pediatric obesity clinics and programs: results and recommendations. Pediatrics 128 ( Suppl 2): S59-S64., , , et al.
- 25Children and teens told by doctors that they were overweight—United States, 1999–2002. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2005; 54: 848-849.
- 31Payment for obesity services: examples and recommendations for stage 3 comprehensive multidisciplinary intervention programs for children and adolescents. Pediatrics 128 ( Suppl 2): S78-S85., , , et al.
- 33Survey language preference as a predictor of meeting fruit and vegetable objectives among Hispanic adults in the United States, behavioral risk factor surveillance system. Prev Chronic Dis 2009; 8: A133., .