Disclosure: The authors declared no conflict of interest.
Evaluation of cardiovascular risk factors, events, and costs across four BMI categories
Version of Record online: 26 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 6, pages 1284–1292, June 2013
How to Cite
Brixner, D.I., Bron, M., Bellows, B.K., Ye, X., Yu, J., Raparla, S. and Oderda, G.M. (2013), Evaluation of cardiovascular risk factors, events, and costs across four BMI categories. Obesity, 21: 1284–1292. doi: 10.1002/oby.20215
Funding agencies: This research was supported by grant from Takeda Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
Present address of J. Yu: Touro University California College of Pharmacy, 1310 Club Drive, Mare Island, Vallejo, CA 94592.
Present address of S. Raparla: HealthCore, Inc., 800 Delaware Avenue, Fifth Floor, Wilmington, DE 19801.
- Issue online: 26 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 26 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 DEC 2012 11:17AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: SEP 2011
- 2Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP). Expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (adult treatment panel III) final report. Circulation 2002;106:3143-3421.
- 7National Institutes of Health. Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults. The evidence report. Obes Res 1998;6 (Suppl 2):51S-209S.
- 16The impact of obesity on adverse cardiovascular outcomes in the general population and in patients with type 2 diabetes. Clin Med Endo 2009;2:43-69., , , .
- 27Relationship between obesity and diabetes in a US adult population: findings from the national health and nutrition examination survey, 1999-2006. Obes Surg 2011;21:351-355., , , .
- 33Use of electronic medical record (EMR) data in outcomes research. In: 10th Annual European Meeting of the International Society of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR), Dublin, Ireland, 2007., , , , eds.