Disclosure: No potential conflicts of interest to declare.
Body composition determinants of metabolic phenotypes of obesity in nonobese and obese postmenopausal women
Version of Record online: 21 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 9, pages 1807–1814, September 2013
How to Cite
Peppa, M., Koliaki, C., Papaefstathiou, A., Garoflos, E., Katsilambros, N., Raptis, S. A., Hadjidakis, D. I. and Dimitriadis, G. D. (2013), Body composition determinants of metabolic phenotypes of obesity in nonobese and obese postmenopausal women. Obesity, 21: 1807–1814. doi: 10.1002/oby.20227
Funding agencies: The authors and especially C.K. acknowledge the substantial contribution of the State Scholarships Foundation of Greece, as well as the Public Benefit Foundation Alexander S. Onassis, for providing financial support in the form of a postgraduate scholarship, in order to conduct scientific research related to this manuscript.
- Issue online: 23 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 21 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 DEC 2012 11:15AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 MAY 2012
- 11Endocrinol Metab Syndrome 2012; doi: 10.4172/2161-1017.S1-009., , . Body composition as an important determinant of metabolic syndrome in postmenopausal women.
- 20Body composition determinants of metabolic phenotypes of obesity in non-obese and obese postmenopausal women. Obesity 2012 (in press, DOI: 10.1002/oby.20227)., , , , , , , .
- 22The prevalence of metabolically healthy obese subjects defined by BMI and Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2010 (Epub ahead of print)., , .
- 26American Heart Association; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Definition of metabolic syndrome: Report of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute/American Heart Association conference on scientific issues related to definition. Circulation 2004;109:433-438., , , , ;
- 27Scand Cardiovasc J 2011 (Epub ahead of print)., , , , . The metabolically healthy but obese postmenopausal woman presents a favourable heart rate variability profile.
- 35Discriminant features of “Metabolically Healthy Obese” and “Metabolically Obese Normal Weight” phenotypes in healthy postmenopausal women. Diabetologia 2011;54( Suppl 1):666., , , et al.
- 36Association of lean body mass with cardiometabolic risk factors in healthy postmenopausal women. Obesity 2012 (in press)., , , , , , , , , .