Disclosure: B.G. was the principal investigator of the study. P.-W. C. and K.-Z. L. are the employees of InQpharm Europe Ltd. H.-D. O. worked as Medical Advisor of analyze & realize ag, the clinical research organization which planned and conducted the study.
A natural fiber complex reduces body weight in the overweight and obese: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study†
Article first published online: 16 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2012 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 58–64, January 2013
How to Cite
Grube, B., Chong, P.-W., Lau, K.-Z. and Orzechowski, H.-D. (2013), A natural fiber complex reduces body weight in the overweight and obese: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Obesity, 21: 58–64. doi: 10.1002/oby.20244
See the online ICMJE Conflict of Interest Forms for this article.
- Issue published online: 16 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 16 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 22 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 MAY 2012
- 1Global health risks: progress and challenges. Bull World Health Organ 2009; 87: 646., , .
- 32011. Available at: <http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/123702-overview>. Accessed 20 August 2011., , Obesity. Medscape Reference.
- 9The economic impact of obesity in the United States. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 2010; 3: 285-295., .
- 18US Food and Drug Administration. Safety orlistat (marketed as Alli and Xenical): early communication about an ongoing safety review. 2009: 180057-180057.
- 19Ein Fasernkomplex zur Gewichts- reduktion und -kontrolle. Ars Medici thema Phytotherapie 2010: 25-27..
- 20International Association for the Study of Obesity. Overweight and Obesity in the EU27. International Association for the Study of Obesity: London, 2008.
- 24US Food and Drug Administration. guidance for industry developing products for weight management guidance for industry developing products for weight management. 2007.
- 25National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO). The practical guide: Identification, evaluation and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults. 2000.
- 27Honey as a topical treatment for wounds. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008: CD005083., , .