Funding agencies: This research was supported by internal funding from the Palo Alto Medical Foundation Research Institute. Disclosure The authors declared no conflict of interest.
Variations between obese latinos and whites in weight-related counseling during preventive clinical visits in the United States
Article first published online: 21 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 8, pages 1734–1741, August 2013
How to Cite
Ma, J., Xiao, L. and Yank, V. (2013), Variations between obese latinos and whites in weight-related counseling during preventive clinical visits in the United States. Obesity, 21: 1734–1741. doi: 10.1002/oby.20285
The funding source had no role in the design or conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, or interpretation of the data; or preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript.
- Issue published online: 22 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 21 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 JAN 2013 07:16PM EST
- Manuscript Received: 19 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 NOV 2012
- Internal funding from the Palo Alto Medical Foundation Research Institute
- 3US Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy people 2020: improving the health of Americans. Washington, DC: December 2, 2010.
- 4Screening for and management of obesity in adults: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement. Ann Intern Med 2012;157:373-378..
- 5Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Decision Memo for Intensive Behavioral Therapy for Obesity (CAG-00423N). 2011. Available at: http://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverage-database/details/nca-decision-memo.aspx?&NcaName=Intensive%20Behavioral%20Therapy%20for%20Obesity&bc=ACAAAAAAIAAA&NCAId=253& (Accessed December 6, 2011).
- 7Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. 2010 National Healthcare Quality Report. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2010 AHRQ Pub. No. 11-0004.
- 11National Center for Health Statistics. Public Use Microdata File Documentation, National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey, 2006. Hyattsville, MD: National Technical Information Service; 2008.
- 19Male-female wage differentials in urban labor markets. Int Econ Rev 1973;14:693-709..
- 20Institute of Medicine. Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Washington, DC: Committee on Understanding and Eliminating Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care, Board on Health Policy, Institute of Medicine; 2002.
- 25Practical research strategies for reducing social and racial/ethnic disparities in obesity. Int J Obes Suppl 2012;2:S16-S22., .
- 26Cardiovascular-risk patients' experienced benefits and unfulfilled expectations from preventive consultations: a qualitative study. Qual Prim Care 2008;16:315-325., , , , , .
- 272010. Available at: http://www.rcfea.org/paper_rcef/61_TRIS_Lemieux_2.pdf. Accessed on December 31, 2012., , . Decomposition methods in economics,
- 29Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Pub. L. No. 111-148 Stat. 124 STAT. 119 (March 23, 2010).