Diogenes is the acronym of the project “Diet, Obesity and Genes” supported by the European Community (contract no. FP6-2005-513946), http://www.diogenes-eu.org/
Metabolic syndrome, circulating RBP4, testosterone, and SHBG predict weight regain at 6 months after weight loss in men
Article first published online: 25 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 10, pages 1997–2006, October 2013
How to Cite
Wang, P., Menheere, P. P.C.A., Astrup, A., Andersen, M. R., van Baak, M. A., Larsen, T. M., Jebb, S., Kafatos, A., Pfeiffer, A. F.H., Martinez, J. A., Handjieva-Darlenska, T., Hlavaty, P., Viguerie, N., Langin, D., Saris, W. H.M., Mariman, E. C.M. and Diogenes consortium (2013), Metabolic syndrome, circulating RBP4, testosterone, and SHBG predict weight regain at 6 months after weight loss in men. Obesity, 21: 1997–2006. doi: 10.1002/oby.20311
Disclosure: AA is currently member of the following scientific advisory boards: Global Dairy Platform, USA, Jenny Craig, USA, Pathway Genomics, USA, and McDonald's, USA. SJ is member of Tanita Medical Advisory Board. Other authors have no competing interests.
- Issue published online: 5 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 25 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 FEB 2013 07:13AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 AUG 2012
- 1Harmonizing the metabolic syndrome: a joint interim statement of the International Diabetes Federation Task Force on Epidemiology and Prevention; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; American Heart Association; World Heart Federation; International Atherosclerosis Society; and International Association for the Study of Obesity. Circulation 2009;120:1640-1645., , , et al.
- 5Plasma levels and adipose tissue messenger ribonucleic acid expression of retinol-binding protein 4 are reduced during calorie restriction in obese subjects but are not related to diet-induced changes in insulin sensitivity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2007;92:2330-2335., , , et al.