Disclaimer: The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The authors have no financial disclosures to make.
Disability prevalence among healthy weight, overweight, and obese adults†
Version of Record online: 25 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 4, pages 852–855, April 2013
How to Cite
Armour, B. S., Courtney-Long, E. A., Campbell, V. A. and Wethington, H. R. (2013), Disability prevalence among healthy weight, overweight, and obese adults. Obesity, 21: 852–855. doi: 10.1002/oby.20312
- Issue online: 25 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 25 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 FEB 2013 07:14AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 16 APR 2012
- 2Americans with disabilities: 2010. Current population reports, P70-131, US Census Bureau, Washington, DC, 2012..
- 3Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence and most common causes of disability among adults—United States, 2005. MMWR 2009; 58: 421-426.
- 5Institute of Medicine. Disability in America: toward a national agenda for prevention. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1991.
- 6Institute of Medicine. The future of disability in America. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2007.
- 9American with Disabilities Act of 1990. P.L 101-2336., 104 Stat. 328 ( 1991).
- 10Disability and health in the United States, 2001-2005. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics; 2008., .
- 11US Department of Health and Human Services. 2008 Physical activity guidelines for Americans. 2009. Available at: http://www.health.gov/paguidelines/.
- 13Prevalence of obesity after spinal cord injury. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil 2007; 12: 1-7., .