Funding agencies: This work was supported by “Conselleria de Educación de la Generalitat Valenciana” [BEST/2012/257]; Spanish Ministry of Education [EX-2010-1008]; National Institutes of Health [AG06945, HL62508, R21DK088195]; and in part by an unrestricted research grant from The Coca-Cola Company. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the funding institutions.
Body adiposity index and all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality in men
Article first published online: 29 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 9, pages 1870–1876, September 2013
How to Cite
Moliner-Urdiales, D., Artero, E. G., Lee, D.-c., España-Romero, V., Sui, X. and Blair, S. N. (2013), Body adiposity index and all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality in men. Obesity, 21: 1870–1876. doi: 10.1002/oby.20399
Conflicts of interest statement: The authors declared no conflict of interest.
- Issue published online: 23 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 29 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 MAR 2013 02:49AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 NOV 2012
- 1WHO. Obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic. Report of a WHO consultation. World Health Organization technical report series 2000;894:i-xii, 1-253.
- 27Practical Assessment of Body Composition. Physician Sport Medicine 1985;13:76-90., .
- 28Expert Panel on Detection E, Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Executive summary of the third report of the national cholesterol education program (ncep) expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (adult treatment panel iii). JAMA 2001;285:2486-2497.
- 32American College of Sports Medicine. ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription, 8th edn. Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Philadelphia, 2010., , ,
- 38Physical activity, fitness and fatness: relations to mortality, morbidity and disease risk factors. A systematic review. Obesity reviews : an official journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity 2010;11:202-221..
- 39American College of Sports Medicine. ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription, 7th edn. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Philadelphia, PA, 2006.