Disclosure: All authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest, and 1 author reported a disclosure.
Eating behaviors as predictors of weight loss in a 6 month weight loss intervention
Article first published online: 2 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 11, pages 2256–2263, November 2013
How to Cite
Batra, P., Das, S. K., Salinardi, T., Robinson, L., Saltzman, E., Scott, T., Pittas, A. G. and Roberts, S. B. (2013), Eating behaviors as predictors of weight loss in a 6 month weight loss intervention. Obesity, 21: 2256–2263. doi: 10.1002/oby.20404
Funding agencies: This work was supported by the US Department of Agriculture agreement no. 58-1950-0-0014 with Tufts University and H15001-DAX023 by the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University. Role of the Sponsor: The sponsors had no role in the design and conduct of the study; the collection, analysis, and interpretation of the data; or the preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript.
Trial Registration clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01470222
Disclaimer: Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the US Department of Agriculture.
- Issue published online: 1 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 2 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 MAR 2013 02:48AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 JUL 2012
- The US Department of Agriculture agreement no. 58-1950-0-0014 with Tufts University. Grant Number: H15001-DAX023
- The Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University
- Role of the Sponsor: The sponsors had no role in the design and conduct of the study; the collection, analysis, and interpretation of the data; or the preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript
- 3National Institutes of Health: National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. The practical guide: Identification, evaluation and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults. Retrieved from http://wwwnhlbinihgov/guidelines/obesity/prctgd_cpdf. 1998.
- 8Who will lose weight? A reexamination of predictors of weight loss in women. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 2004;1:12., , , et al.
- 13Program adherence and effectiveness of a commercial nutrition program: the metabolic balance study. J Nutr Metab 2010;2010:197656., .
- 14Population-Based Prevention of Obesity: The Need for Comprehensive Promotion of Healthful Eating, Physical Activity, and Energy Balance: A Scientific Statement From American Heart Association Council on Epidemiology and Prevention, Interdisciplinary Committee for Prevention (Formerly the Expert Panel on Population and Prevention Science). Circulation 2008;118:428-464., , , et al.
- 21Roberts SB, Sargent BK, editors. The I Diet. New York, NY: Workman Publishing; 2010.
- 23Institute of Medicine. Dietary Reference Intakes: The Essential Guide to Nutrient Requirements. Washington, DC: The National Academies of Sciences; 2006.
- 28French adults aged 20-39 y have low dietary restraint and disinhibition levels according to their Three-Factor Eating Questionnaire average scores. Appetite 2010;54:656., , , et al.