S. Sandy An and Nicholette D. Palmer contributed equally to this work.
Genetic analysis of adiponectin variation and its association with type 2 diabetes in African Americans
Version of Record online: 11 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 12, pages E721–E729, December 2013
How to Cite
Sandy An, S., Palmer, N. D., Hanley, A. J.G., Ziegler, J. T., Mark Brown, W., Freedman, B. I., Register, T. C., Rotter, J. I., Guo, X., Ida Chen, Y.-D., Wagenknecht, L. E., Langefeld, C. D. and Bowden, D. W. (2013), Genetic analysis of adiponectin variation and its association with type 2 diabetes in African Americans. Obesity, 21: E721–E729. doi: 10.1002/oby.20419
Disclosure: The authors declare no conflict of interest.
Funding agencies: This work was supported by NIH grants HL060894 (DWB), R01 DK066358 (DWB), R01 DK053591 (DWB), R01 HL56266 (BIF), R01 DK070941 (BIF) and F30 DK91076 (SSA).
- Issue online: 3 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 11 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 MAR 2013 02:43AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 SEP 2012
- 10Genomewide search for type 2 diabetes-susceptibility genes in French whites: evidence for a novel susceptibility locus for early-onset diabetes on chromosome 3q27-qter and independent replication of a type 2-diabetes locus on chromosome 1q21-q24. Am J Hum Genet 2000;67:1470-1480., , , et al.
- 29Evidence of a causal relationship between adiponectin levels and insulin sensitivity: a mendelian randomization study. Diabetes 2012. Epub ahead of print., , , et al.
- 30National Diabetes Fact Sheet. 2011. national estimates and general information on diabetes and prediabetes in the United States. Available at: http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/statistics/index.aspx (2011) Accessed October 25 2011.
- 38Estimating the contributions of rare and common genetic variations and clinical measures to a model trait: adiponectin. Genetic Epidemiology ;37:13-24., , , et al.