Disclosure: The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
Relation of Food Intake Behaviors and Obesity Development in Young Common Marmoset Monkeys
Article first published online: 2 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 9, pages 1891–1899, September 2013
How to Cite
Ross, C. N., Power, M. L., Artavia, J. M. and Tardif, S. D. (2013), Relation of Food Intake Behaviors and Obesity Development in Young Common Marmoset Monkeys. Obesity, 21: 1891–1899. doi: 10.1002/oby.20432
Funding agencies: This study was supported by a grant from NIH: R01 DK077639.
- Issue published online: 23 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 2 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 MAR 2013 02:34AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 5 DEC 2012
- NIH. Grant Number: R01 DK077639
- 1International Obesity Task Force. Childhood Obesity 2010. Available at: www.iotf.org/childhoodobesity.asp.
- 2World Health Organization. Obesity and overweight fact sheet, 2010. Available at: www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/index.html.
- 4US Department of Health and Human Services. Available at: www.healthypeople.gov.
- 5Prevalence of obesity in the United States, 2009–2010. NCHS data brief, no 82. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics; 2012., , , et al.
- 11Body mass growth in common marmosets: toward a model of pediatric obesity. Am J Phys Anthropol 2013;150:21–28., , , et al.
- 22Development of metabolic function biomarkers in the common marmoset, Callithrix jacchus. Am J Primat doi10.1002/ajp.22126 epub ahead of print., , , et al.
- 23Lactation, maternal behavior and infant growth in common marmoset monkeys (Callithrix jacchus): effects of maternal size and litter size. Behav Ecol Sociobiol 2001;51:17–25., , , et al.
- 25Metabolic consequences of the early onset of obesity in common marmoset monkeys. Obesity (in press)., , , et al.