Disclosure: The authors have no conflicts of interest to report.
Brief Cutting Edge Reports
Obesity and incident injury among career firefighters in the central United States
Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 8, pages 1505–1508, August 2013
How to Cite
Jahnke, S.A., Poston, W.S.C., Haddock, C.K. and Jitnarin, N. (2013), Obesity and incident injury among career firefighters in the central United States. Obesity, 21: 1505–1508. doi: 10.1002/oby.20436
- Issue online: 22 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 MAR 2013 02:27AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 NOV 2012
- 1US Firefighter injuires—2010. National fire protection association: Quincy, MA. 2011. Accessed 3 March 2011. Available at: http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files//PDF/OS.FFInjuries.pdf., .
- 6CDC. National center for health statistics: national health interview survey. 2007. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/about/major/nhis/quest_data_related_1997_forward.htm http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/about/major/nhis/quest_data_related_1997_forward.htm.
- 7National Institutes of Standards and Technology (NIST). The economic consequences of firefighter injuries and their prevention. Final report (NIST GCR 05-874). US Department of Commerce and National Institute of Standards and Technology: Gaithersberg, MD, 2005.
- 9National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity: The Evidence Report. Washington, DC: US Government Press; 1998.
- 11National Fire Protection Association. NFPA 1500, Standards on fire Department Occupational Safety and Health Program. Quincy, MA: National Fire Protection Association; 2007.
- 122004. Available at: http://www.tricare.osd.mil/main/news/art0514.html, , , et al. Department of defense survey of health related behaviors among military personnel. Accessed on Sept 1,
- 15The CES-D scale: a self-report depression scale for research in the general population. Appl Psychol Meas 1977;1:385–401..