Author contributions: LN, MP, SA, and PD designed the study. LN and PD served as group interventionists and collected data. MP and SA supervised interventionists. KM and MD conducted statistical analyses and interpretation. LN, MP, KM, MD, and SA contributed substantially to the writing of the manuscript.
Effects of prescribing 1,000 versus 1,500 kilocalories per day in the behavioral treatment of obesity: A randomized trial
Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 12, pages 2481–2487, December 2013
How to Cite
Nackers, L. M., Middleton, K. R., Dubyak, P. J., Daniels, M. J., Anton, S. D. and Perri, M. G. (2013), Effects of prescribing 1,000 versus 1,500 kilocalories per day in the behavioral treatment of obesity: A randomized trial. Obesity, 21: 2481–2487. doi: 10.1002/oby.20439
Funding agencies: SA is supported by a K23 AT004251-01A2, an Early Career Investigator Award from the American Heart Association (09CRP2390173), and Thomas H. Maren Foundation.
- Issue online: 3 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 MAR 2013 02:26AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 NOV 2012
- 3Long-term effects of a lifestyle intervention on weight and cardiovascular risk factors in individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Arch Intern Med 2010;170:1566-1575..
- 5Prevention of weight regain after weight loss. In: Bray GA, Bouchard C (eds). Handbook of Obesity Treatment: Clinical Applications. Informa Healthcare: New York; 2008, pp249-268., , .
- 15Weighing the Options: Criteria for Evaluating Weight Management Programs. National Academy Press: Washington, DC; 1995..
- 16US Department of Health and Human Services and US Department of Agriculture. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005. U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC; 2005.
- 24Multiple Imputation for Nonresponse in Surveys. John Wiley & Sons: New York; 1987..
- 25SAS Institute, Inc. SAS System, Version 9.2. SAS Institute, Inc: Cary, NC; 2008.
- 28The control of eating. J Math 1962;1:87-109., , .
- 30Restrained eating. In: Stunkard AJ (ed). Obesity. WB Saunders: Philadelphia, PA; 1980, pp208-225., .