Disclosure: The authors declared no conflict of interest.
Modeling metabolic syndrome through structural equations of metabolic traits, comorbid diseases, and GWAS variants
Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 12, pages E745–E754, December 2013
How to Cite
Karns, R., Succop, P., Zhang, G., Sun, G., Indugula, S. R., Havas-Augustin, D., Novokmet, N., Durakovic, Z., Milanovic, S. M., Missoni, S., Vuletic, S., Chakraborty, R., Rudan, P. and Deka, R. (2013), Modeling metabolic syndrome through structural equations of metabolic traits, comorbid diseases, and GWAS variants. Obesity, 21: E745–E754. doi: 10.1002/oby.20445
Funding agencies: The study was supported by grants from the National Institutes of Health, USA (R01 DK069845, R01 DK069845-4S, and P30 ES006096) and from the Croatian Ministry of Science, Education and Sports (196-1962766-2751, 196-1962766-2747, and 196-0342282-0291). R.K. was supported by a training grant fellowship from the National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences, USA (T32 ES010957).
- Issue online: 3 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 MAR 2013 02:23AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 24 FEB 2012
- National Institutes of Health, USA. Grant Numbers: R01 DK069845, R01 DK069845-4S, P30 ES006096
- Croatian Ministry of Science, Education and Sports. Grant Numbers: 196-1962766-2751, 196-1962766-2747, 196-0342282-0291
- National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences, USA. Grant Number: T32 ES010957
- 1Prevalence of metabolic syndrome among adults 20 years of age and over, by sex, age, race, and ethnicity, and body mass index: United States, 2003-2006. National Health Statistics Reports, Number 13..
- 18National Institutes of Health. Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). National Institutes of Health, NIH Publication No 01-3670, Bethesda, MD, 2001.
- 20International Diabetes Federation. The IDF consensus worldwide definition of the metabolic syndrome. Available at: http://www.idf.org/webdata/docs/MetSyndrome_ Final.pdf (Accessed April 14, 2005).
- 24Defining genetic determinants of the Metabolic Syndrome in the Framingham Heart Study using association and structural equation modeling methods. BMC Proc 2009;15 ( Suppl 7):S50., , , et al.
- 26The metabolic syndrome. Lancet 2010;275:181-183., , , .
- 32Population structure in eastern Adriatic: the influence of historical processes, migration patterns, isolation and ecological pressures, and their interaction. In: Isolation, Migration and Health Roberts DF, Fujiki N, Torizuka K, eds. Cambridge (SSHB): Cambridge University Press; 1992, pp 204-218., , , .
- 33An analysis of transformations (with discussion). J R Stat Soc B 1964;26:211-252., .
- 34Statistical Analysis with Missing Data. New York: Wiley; 1987., .
- 35A catalog of published genome-wide association studies, 2011. Available at: www.genome.gov/gwastudies., , , , .