Disclosure: All authors have no conflicts of interest to declare. Funding agencies: This research was funded by the American Diabetes Association (7-08-JF-27), NIH (UL1 RR024153 CTSA), Department of Defense (FA7014-02-2-001) and Cochrane-Weber Foundation at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC (to S Lee).
Changes in fat and skeletal muscle with exercise training in obese adolescents: Comparison of whole-body MRI and dual energy X-ray absorptiometry
Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 10, pages 2063–2071, October 2013
How to Cite
Lee, S. and Kuk, J. L. (2013), Changes in fat and skeletal muscle with exercise training in obese adolescents: Comparison of whole-body MRI and dual energy X-ray absorptiometry. Obesity, 21: 2063–2071. doi: 10.1002/oby.20448
- Issue online: 5 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 MAR 2013 02:22AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 1 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 9 DEC 2012
- American Diabetes Association. Grant Number: 7-08-JF-27
- NIH. Grant Number: UL1 RR024153 CTSA
- Department of Defense. Grant Number: FA7014-02-2-001
- Cochrane-Weber Foundation at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- 1Human Body Composition, 2nd ed. Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics; 2004., .
- 112000 CDC Growth Charts for the United States: methods and development. Vital Health Stat 11 2002;246:1–190., , , et al.
- 14Whole-body MRI and ethnic differences in adipose tissue and skeletal muscle distribution in overweight black and white adolescent boys. J Obes 2011;2011:159373., , , , .
- 16Report of the Task Group on Reference Man. Oxford, UK: Pergamon; 1975., , , , .
- 26Human Body Composition, 2nd ed. Human Kinetics: Champaign, IL, 2005., , , .