Disclosure: CAD is a cofounder, consultant and board member of the analytical company Vitas AS (www.vitas.no). CAD owns 8% of the shares, and other family members own 16% of the shares in Vitas. KJE, AKE, EN, GST, ON, SE and HR had no conflicts of interest.
Associations between plasma polyunsaturated fatty acids, plasma stearoyl-CoA desaturase indices and body fat
Version of Record online: 22 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 9, pages E512–E519, September 2013
How to Cite
Vinknes, K. J., Elshorbagy, A. K., Drevon, C. A., Nurk, E., Tell, G. S., Nygård, O., Vollset, S. E. and Refsum, H. (2013), Associations between plasma polyunsaturated fatty acids, plasma stearoyl-CoA desaturase indices and body fat. Obesity, 21: E512–E519. doi: 10.1002/oby.20457
Funding agencies: This study has received support from the Advanced Research Programme of Norway, The Research Council of Norway, Norwegian Rheumatism Association, The Johan Throne Holst Foundation for Nutrition Research, and University of Oslo, Norway. None of the funding bodies were involved in the study design, collection, analyses, interpretation of the data, or preparation of the manuscript.
Author contributions: KJV, AKE, and HR: designed and conducted the research; CAD, GST, SEV, and HR: data collection; KJV, AKE, and HR: analyzed data and performed statistical analyses; KJV and HR: wrote the article; CAD organized development of the FFQ; AKE, EN, CAD, GST, ON and SE: critically revised manuscript for important intellectual content; and KJV and HR: had primary responsibility for final content.
- Issue online: 23 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 22 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 MAR 2013 02:17AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 14 DEC 2012
- 8Plasma stearoyl-CoA desaturase indices: association with lifestyle, diet and body composition. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2012. doi: 10.1002/oby.20011., , , et al.
- 27Nordic Council of Ministers. Nordic nutrition recommendations: NNR 2004: integrating nutrition and physical activity, 4th ed. København: Nordisk Ministerråd; 2004.