Funding agencies: The Monitoring Project on Risk Factors for Chronic Diseases (MORGEN) Study was financially supported by the Dutch Ministry of Public Health, Welfare and Sports (VWS), the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment and the Europe against Cancer Program of the European Union.
All-cause mortality risk of metabolically healthy abdominal obese individuals: The EPIC-MORGEN study
Version of Record online: 5 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 557–564, February 2014
How to Cite
van der A, D. L., Nooyens, A. C.J., van Duijnhoven, F. J.B., Verschuren, M. M.W. and Boer, J. M.A. (2014), All-cause mortality risk of metabolically healthy abdominal obese individuals: The EPIC-MORGEN study. Obesity, 22: 557–564. doi: 10.1002/oby.20480
Disclosure: The authors declared no conflict of interest.
Author contributions: The author' contributions were as follows: DLvdA and JMAB conceived and designed the research. DLvdA and ACJN performed the statistical analyses. DLvdA, ACJN and JMAB wrote the manuscript. FJBvD and WMMV contributed to the interpretation of the data and critically reviewed the manuscript. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.
- Issue online: 3 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 5 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 APR 2013 01:05PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 8 OCT 2012
- 1World Health Organization. Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic. Report of a WHO Consultation on Obesity. WHO Technical Report Series no.894; 1999.
- 2Measuring the Netherlands. A Monitoring Study of Risk Factors in the General Population, 2009-2010. RIVM Report no. 260152001; 2011., , , et al.
- 15Nevo Foundation. Dutch food composition table (Nederlands Voedingsstoffenbestand, NEVO table). Dutch Nutrition Center (Voedingscentrum/Voorlichtingsbureau voor de Voeding). The Hague: 1996.
- 21NHG-standaard diabetes mellitus type 2. Tweede herziening. [Practice guideline ‘Diabetes mellitus type 2’ (second revision) of the Dutch College of General Practitioners]. Huisarts Wet 2006;49:137-152., , , et al.