Disclosure: None of the authors have any conflict of interest related to this study.Michael Rosenbaum and Ilene Fennoy contributed equally to the preparation of this manuscript.
Racial/Ethnic differences in clinical and biochemical type 2 diabetes mellitus risk factors in children
Article first published online: 5 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 10, pages 2081–2090, October 2013
How to Cite
Rosenbaum, M., Fennoy, I., Accacha, S., Altshuler, L., Carey, D. E., Holleran, S., Rapaport, R., Shelov, S. P., Speiser, P. W., Ten, S., Bhangoo, A., Boucher-Berry, C., Espinal, Y., Gupta, R., Hassoun, A. A., Iazetti, L., Jean-Jacques, F., Jean, A. M., Klein, M. L., Levine, R., Lowell, B., Michel, L. and Rosenfeld, W. (2013), Racial/Ethnic differences in clinical and biochemical type 2 diabetes mellitus risk factors in children. Obesity, 21: 2081–2090. doi: 10.1002/oby.20483
*Contributed equally to the preparation of this mauscript. †Dr. Shelov was at the Pediatrics, Infant's and Children's Hospital of Brooklyn at Maimonides at the time that he participated in these studies. He is currently at Winthrop University Hospital Children's Medical Center.
Funding agencies: The development and piloting of this project was supported by AMDeC, the Hannah and Ryan Barry Memorial Foundation, the Naomi Berrie Diabetes Research Center, Columbia Diabetes and Endocrinology Research Center (DERC, NIH P30 DK63068), Columbia University's; CTSA grant No. UL1TR000040; NCATS/NIH, Pediatric Endocrine grant NIH, NIDDK 5T 32DK 06552-07, New York State, and the Starr Foundation.
- Issue published online: 5 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 5 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 APR 2013 01:06PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 JUN 2012
- 7The reduce obesity and diabetes (ROAD) project: design and methodological considerations. Childhood Obes 2011;7:223-234., , , et al.
- 14The validity of bioelectrical impedance models in clinical populations. Nutr Clin Pract 2004;19:433-436., , .
- 17Computer program. Altanta GA, USA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2000., , , et al.
- 18Construction of LMS parameters for the centers for disease control and prevention 2000 growth charts. National Health Statistics Reports. Number 63; 2013., .
- 35Prevalence of obesity in the United States, 2009–2010. NCHS Data Brief 2012;82:1-8., , , et al.