Disclosure: None reported. The authors declare no competing interests.
A method comparison study to validate a novel parameter of obesity, the body adiposity index, in chinese subjects
Version of Record online: 13 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 21, Issue 12, pages E634–E639, December 2013
How to Cite
Lam, B. C. C., Lim, S. C., Wong, M. T. K., Shum, E., Ho, C. Y., Bosco, J. I. E., Chen, C. and Koh, G. C. H. (2013), A method comparison study to validate a novel parameter of obesity, the body adiposity index, in chinese subjects. Obesity, 21: E634–E639. doi: 10.1002/oby.20504
Funding agencies: This study was supported by the Alexandra Health Enabling Grant, FY 2011. The sponsors had no role in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data; and preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript.
Author contributions: BCC Lam had full access to all of the published data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of data analysis. Study concept and design: BCC Lam, CY Ho, JIE Bosco, MTK Wong. Acquisition of data: BCC Lam, CY Ho, JIE Bosco. Analysis and interpretation of data: BCC Lam, SC Lim, E Shum, GCH Koh, C Chen. Drafting of the manuscript: BCC Lam. Critical revision of the manuscript for important intellectual content: SC Lim, E Shum, GCH Koh, MTK Wong, C Chen. Study supervision: BCC Lam, MTK Wong. All authors were involved in writing the article and had final approval of the submitted and published versions.
- Issue online: 3 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 APR 2013 09:45AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 DEC 2012
- Alexandra Health Endowment Fund, Singapore
- 8National Institute of Health; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure. North American Association for the Study of Obesity. The Practical Guide: Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. NIH: Bethesda, MD, 2000.
- 10Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement. Lancet 1986;i:307-310., .
- 13Frequently asked questions on the design and analysis of measurement studies: how can I decide the sample size for a study on the agreement between two methods of measurement? [WWW document]. URL: http://www-users.york.ac.uk/∼mb55/meas/sizemeth.htm. Last accessed on November, 02, 2012..