Funding agencies: National Heart, Lung, Blood Institute grants 5-U01 HL68734, 5-U01 HL68676, 5-U01 HL68790, 5-U01 HL68920, and 5-HL68955.
Greater weight loss with increasing age in the weight loss maintenance trial
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 39–44, January 2014
How to Cite
Svetkey, L. P., Clark, J. M., Funk, K., Corsino, L., Batch, B. C., Hollis, J. F., Appel, L. J., Brantley, P. J., Loria, C. M., Champagne, C. M., Vollmer, W. M. and Stevens, V. J. (2014), Greater weight loss with increasing age in the weight loss maintenance trial. Obesity, 22: 39–44. doi: 10.1002/oby.20506
Disclosure: The authors have no competing interests.
Author contributions: LPS, KF, JFH, JFA, PJB, CML, CMC, WMV, and VJS were involved in study design. All authors were involved in study conduct, interpretation of results and preparation and/or editing of the manuscript. All authors were involved in writing the paper and had final approval of the submitted and published versions.
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 MAY 2013 03:49AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 DEC 2012
- 2Cardiovascular disease risk factors among older black, Mexican-American, and white women and men: an analysis of NHANES III, 1988–1994. Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. J Am Geriatr Soc 2001;49:109–116., , .
- 3Services USDoHaH. Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults. Washington DC; 1998.
- 8The Pew Internet And American Life Project E-Government Survey 2003. (Available at: http://www.pewinternet.org/Shared-Content/Data-Sets/2003/August-2003-eGovernment-Data-Set.aspx).
- 19Social Foundation of Thoughts and Actions: A Social Cognitive Theory. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall; 1986..
- 21Behavior Modification: What it is and How to Do It, 8th ed. New York: Prentice Hall; 2006..
- 22Motivational Interviewing: Preparing People for Change, 2nd ed. Guilford Press, New York; 2002., .
- 33Obesity, race, and risk for death or functional decline among medicare beneficiaries: a cohort study. Ann Intern Med 2011;154:645–655., , , et al.
- 40Internet and American Life Project. Home Broadband 2010. (Available at: http://www.pewinternet.org/Static-Pages/Trend-Data/Whos-Online.aspx.).