Disclosure: The authors declared no conflict of interest.
An 8-month randomized controlled exercise trial alters brain activation during cognitive tasks in overweight children
Article first published online: 10 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 232–242, January 2014
How to Cite
Krafft, C. E., Schwarz, N. F., Chi, L., Weinberger, A. L., Schaeffer, D. J., Pierce, J. E., Rodrigue, A. L., Yanasak, N. E., Miller, P. H., Tomporowski, P. D., Davis, C. L. and McDowell, J. E. (2014), An 8-month randomized controlled exercise trial alters brain activation during cognitive tasks in overweight children. Obesity, 22: 232–242. doi: 10.1002/oby.20518
Funding agencies: This research was supported by the National Institutes of Health (R01 HL87923) and the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program.
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 10 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 21 JUN 2013 05:08AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 OCT 2012
- 6Fitness effects on the cognitive function of older adults: a meta-analytic study. Psychol Sci 2003;14:125-130., .Direct Link:
- 14Cognitive Assessment System: Interpretive Handbook. Riverside Publishing: Itasca, IL; 1997., .
- 15American College of Sports Medicine. ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, 6th edn. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Baltimore, MD; 2000.
- 22Simultaneous Inference for fMRI Data. Biophysics Research Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin: Milwaukee, WI; 1997..
- 29The location and function of parietal cortex supporting of reflexive and volitional saccades, a meta-analysis of over a decade of functional MRI data. In: Costa A, Collalba E, editors. Horizons in Neuroscience Research. Nova Science Publishers: Hauppauge, NY; 2012., , , et al.
- 33Practice-related changes in neural activation patterns investigated via wavelet-based clustering analysis. Hum Brain Mapp (in press)., , , et al.