Funding agencies: This research was supported in part by National Institutes of Health grants R15 DK090739, U01DK094418, HL45670, the John W. Barton Sr. Chair in Genetics and Nutrition, and a NORC Center Grant # 2P30DK072476 entitled “Nutritional Programming: Environmental and Molecular Interactions” sponsored by NIDDK.
Dynamic model predicting overweight, obesity, and extreme obesity prevalence trends
Article first published online: 18 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 590–597, February 2014
How to Cite
Thomas, D. M., Weedermann, M., Fuemmeler, B. F., Martin, C. K., Dhurandhar, N. V., Bredlau, C., Heymsfield, S. B., Ravussin, E. and Bouchard, C. (2014), Dynamic model predicting overweight, obesity, and extreme obesity prevalence trends. Obesity, 22: 590–597. doi: 10.1002/oby.20520
Disclosure: Bouchard: Claude Bouchard is a consultant for Weight Watchers International and a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of Pathway Genomics. Dhurandhar: The following Patents are granted or have been applied for: () patent number 6,127,113: Viral obesity methods and compositions; () patent number 6,664,050: Viral obesity methods and compositions; () patent number US 8,008,436B2, dated August 30, 2011: Adenovirus 36 E4orf1 gene and protein and their uses. Provisional patent filed: Adenovirus Ad36 E4orf1 protein for prevention and treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, July 2010; and () rovisional patent filed: Enhanced glycemic control using Ad36E4orf1 and AKT1 Inhibitor. January 2012. Thomas: Diana Thomas is a consultant for Jenny Craig.
Author contributions: Study concept and design: Thomas, Bouchard. Drafting of the manuscript: Thomas, Weedermann, Heymsfield, Bouchard. Critical revision of the manuscript for important intellectual content: Thomas, Weedermann, Fuemmeler, Martin, Dhurandhar, Bredlau, Heymsfield, Ravussin, Bouchard. Model development: Thomas, Weedermann, Dhurandhar, Ravussin, Bouchard. Mathematical analysis: Thomas, Weedermann. Mathematical simulations: Bredlau.
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 18 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 JUN 2013 12:56PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 APR 2013
This article has been cited by:
- 1Impact of weight change on quality of life in adults with overweight/obesity in the United States: a systematic review, Current Medical Research and Opinion, 2016, 32, 3, 485, , , ,
- 2Lingering Risk: Bariatric Surgery Prior To Total Knee Arthroplasty, The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2016,, , , , , ,
- 3Management of obesity, The Lancet, 2016,, , , ,
- 4Optimal weight based on energy imbalance and utility maximization, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 2016, 442, 429,
- 5The Hunger Genes: Pathways to Obesity, Cell, 2015, 161, 1, 119, ,
- 6Dynamic Interplay Among Homeostatic, Hedonic, and Cognitive Feedback Circuits Regulating Body Weight, American Journal of Public Health, 2014, 104, 7, 1169, , ,
- 7The effect of holiday weight gain on body weight, Physiology & Behavior, 2014, 134, 66,