Funding agencies: Support was provided by the NIH (R01DK083380, R01DK088925, RC1EB010384, T32DK07758604), Genentech Center for Clinical Research, Endocrine Fellows Foundation, and GE Healthcare. Study sponsors had no role in study design; the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; the writing of the report; and the decision to submit the manuscript for publication.
Ethnic differences in the effects of hepatic fat deposition on insulin resistance in nonobese middle school girls
Article first published online: 17 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 243–248, January 2014
How to Cite
Wolfgram, P. M., Connor, E. L., Rehm, J. L., Eickhoff, J. C., Reeder, S. B. and Allen, D. B. (2014), Ethnic differences in the effects of hepatic fat deposition on insulin resistance in nonobese middle school girls. Obesity, 22: 243–248. doi: 10.1002/oby.20521
Disclosure: The authors declared no conflict of interest.
Author Contributions: DA, EC, JE, JR, SR, and PW participated in study design. JR and PW recruited subjects and coordinated the study. JE performed statistical analysis. All authors were involved in writing the paper and had final approval of the submitted and published version.
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 17 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 JUN 2013 12:37PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 25 FEB 2013
- 1Imaging body composition in obesity and weight loss: challenges and opportunities. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 2010;3:337–347., , , .
- 2Body fat percentage is associated with cardiometabolic dysregulation in BMI-defined normal weight subjects. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 2011;9:741–747., , , , .
- 21T(1) independent, T(2) (*) corrected chemical shift based fat-water separation with multi-peak fat spectral modeling is an accurate and precise measure of hepatic steatosis. J Magn Reson Imaging 2011;33:873–881., , , et al.
- 31Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and correlation of serum alanin aminotransferase level with histopathologic findings. Hepatitis Monthly, 6., , , et al.