Funding agencies: This study was funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Effect of physical activity on weight loss, energy expenditure, and energy intake during diet induced weight loss
Article first published online: 22 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 363–370, February 2014
How to Cite
DeLany, J. P., Kelley, D. E., Hames, K. C., Jakicic, J. M. and Goodpaster, B. H. (2014), Effect of physical activity on weight loss, energy expenditure, and energy intake during diet induced weight loss. Obesity, 22: 363–370. doi: 10.1002/oby.20525
Disclosure: JMJ conflicts of interest: Scientific Advisory Board for ILSI North America. The other authors report no conflict of interest.
Author contributions: The authors' responsibilities were as follows — JPD, DEK, JMJ and BHG: design of the study; JPD, BHG, JMJ and KCH: collection of data; JPD: analysis of the data, wrote the manuscript, and had primary responsibility for final content; and all authors: interpretation of the data and critical revision of the manuscript.
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 22 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 JUN 2013 01:06PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 FEB 2013
- 1Effects of a prolonged reduction in diet on 25 men: I. influence on basal metabolism and nitrogen excretion. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1918;4:149-152., .
- 21Cross talk between physical activity and appetite control: does physical activity stimulate appetite? Proc Nutr Soc 2003;62:651-661., , , et al.
- 26High energy expenditure masks low physical activity in obesity. Int J Obes 2012 Oct 23. doi: 10.1038/ijo.2012.172. [Epub ahead of print], , , et al.
- 28Machine learning and sensor fusion for estimating continuous energy expenditure. Ai Mag. Sum 2012;33:55-66., , , et al.
- 34The Diabetes Prevention Program Research G. The diabetes prevention program (DPP): description of lifestyle intervention. Diabet Care 2002;25:2165-2171.