Disclosure: The authors declared no conflict of interest.
Cross-sectional associations of objectively measured physical activity, cardiorespiratory fitness and anthropometry in European adults
Article first published online: 13 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 5, pages E127–E134, May 2014
How to Cite
Wientzek, A., Tormo Díaz, M.-J., Castaño, J. M. H., Amiano, P., Arriola, L., Overvad, K., Østergaard, J. N., Charles, M.-A., Fagherazzi, G., Palli, D., Bendinelli, B., Skeie, G., Borch, K. B., Wendel-Vos, W., de Hollander, E., May, A. M., den Ouden, M. E., Trichopoulou, A., Valanou, E., Söderberg, S., Franks, P. W., Brage, S., Vigl, M., Boeing, H. and Ekelund, U. (2014), Cross-sectional associations of objectively measured physical activity, cardiorespiratory fitness and anthropometry in European adults. Obesity, 22: E127–E134. doi: 10.1002/oby.20530
Author contributions: UE designed the study, UE, PF, SB, HB, MJTD, JMHC, LA, KO, MAC, DP, KBB, WWV, AMM, and AT, were involved in data collection. AW did the literature research, analyzed the data, interpreted it, and generated the figures. All authors were involved in writing the paper and had final approval of the submitted and published versions.
- Issue published online: 1 MAY 2014
- Article first published online: 13 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 JUN 2013 12:19PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 29 JAN 2013
- 2IASO IAftSoO. Global Prevalence of Adult Obesity. London, UK: International Association for the Study of Obesity (IASO); 2011.
- 8Assessment of physical activity—a review of methodologies with reference to epidemiological research: a report of the exercise physiology section of the European Association of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 2010;17:127-139., , , , , .
- 28Physical activity and inactivity profiling: the next generation. Can J Public Health 2007;98 (Suppl 2):S195-S207., .
- 30Fundamentals of Biostatistics, 7 edn. Boston, MA: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.;2010.
- 36Sex differences in energy metabolism need to be considered with lifestyle modifications in humans. J Nutr Metab 2011;2011:391809., .