Funding agencies: This project was funded by the Lundbeck Foundation and produced by The Lundbeck Foundation Centre for Applied Medical Genomics in Personalised Disease Prediction, Prevention and Care (LuCamp, www.lucamp.org). The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research is an independent Research Center at the University of Copenhagen partially funded by an unrestricted donation from the Novo Nordisk Foundation (www.metabol.ku.dk). Further funding came from the Danish Council for Independent Research (Medical Sciences). The Inter99 was initiated by Torben Jorgensen (PI), Knut Borch-Johnsen (co-PI), Hans Ibsen and Troels F. Thomsen. The steering committee comprises the former two and Charlotta Pisinger. The study was financially supported by research grants from the Danish Research Council, the Danish Centre for Health Technology Assessment, Novo Nordisk Inc., Research Foundation of Copenhagen County, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Health, the Danish Heart Foundation, the Danish Pharmaceutical Association, the Augustinus Foundation, the Ib Henriksen Foundation, the Becket Foundation, and the Danish Diabetes Association.
The effect of GWAS identified BMI loci on changes in body weight among middle-aged danes during a five-year period
Article first published online: 18 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 901–908, March 2014
How to Cite
Sandholt, C. H., Allin, K. H., Toft, U., Borglykke, A., Ribel-Madsen, R., Sparso, T., Justesen, J. M., Harder, M. N., Jørgensen, T., Hansen, T. and Pedersen, O. (2014), The effect of GWAS identified BMI loci on changes in body weight among middle-aged danes during a five-year period. Obesity, 22: 901–908. doi: 10.1002/oby.20540
Disclosure: The authors declare that there are no conflicts of interest associated with this manuscript.
Author contributions: CS and KA were responsible for study design and data analysis. RR, TS, JJ, and MH were responsible for genotype data generation. CS, KA, UT, AB, and TJ were responsible for data interpretation. TJ was PI initiating the study cohort. TH and OP were PIs initiating the genotyping project. CS and KA were responsible for writing the manuscript. All authors were involved in reviewing the manuscript and had final approval of the submitted and published versions.
C. H. Sandholt and K. H. Allin contributed equally to this article.
- Issue published online: 5 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 18 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 JUN 2013 12:57PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 30 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 25 NOV 2012
- 1World Health Organization: Obesity and overweight, Fact sheet #311, May 2012.
- 3Variability in the heritability of body mass index: a systematic review and meta-regression. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 2012;3:29., , , et al.
- 9A randomized non-pharmacological intervention study for prevention of ischaemic heart disease: Baseline results Inter99. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 2003;10:377–386., , , , , .