Funding agencies: This work was supported by NIH NIDDK R01DK064902.
Physical activity and gestational weight gain in Hispanic women
Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 909–918, March 2014
How to Cite
Chasan-Taber, L., Silveira, M., Lynch, K. E., Pekow, P., Solomon, C. G. and Markenson, G. (2014), Physical activity and gestational weight gain in Hispanic women. Obesity, 22: 909–918. doi: 10.1002/oby.20549
Disclosure: The authors have no competing interests.
Author contributions: L.C.T. conceived of the topic for the manuscript, researched the literature, and drafted the manuscript. K.E.L. researched the literature and performed statistical analyses. M.S. performed data analyses. P.P. oversaw statistical analyses. C.G.S. researched the literature. G.M. confirmed gestational weight gain. All the authors read and commented on manuscript drafts and approved of the final version for submission.
- Issue online: 5 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 JUN 2013 12:49PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 APR 2013
- 1Committee to Reexamine IOM Pregnancy Weight Guidelines. Weight Gain During Pregnancy: Reexamining the Guidelines. 2009.
- 4Maternal dietary glycaemic load during pregnancy and gestational weight gain, birth weight and postpartum weight retention: a study within the Danish National Birth Cohort. Br J Nutr 2012:1-8., , , et al.
- 11U.S. Department of Commerce Economics and Statistics Administration. US Census Bureau. The American Community—Hispanics: 2004. 2007.
- 13Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Age-adjusted percentage of civilian, noninstitutionalized population with diagnosed diabetes, Hispanics, United States, 1980-2007. 7/29/09.
- 14Health outcomes among Hispanic subgroups: Data from the National Health Interview Survey, 1992-95. Adv Data 2000;310:1-14., , .
- 21Energy and protein intake in pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003:CD000032-CD000032., .
- 32Surveillance for selected maternal behaviors and experiences before, during, and after pregnancy. Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), 2000. MMWR Surveill Summ 2003;52:1-14., , , et al.
- 37Manual for the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory. Consulting Psychologists Press: Palo Alto, CA, 1983..