Sudip Bajpeyi and Cassandra K. Myrland have equal contribution.
Lipid in skeletal muscle myotubes is associated to the donors' insulin sensitivity and physical activity phenotypes
Article first published online: 10 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 426–434, February 2014
How to Cite
Bajpeyi, S., Myrland, C. K., Covington, J. D., Obanda, D., Cefalu, W. T., Smith, S. R., Rustan, A. C. and Ravussin, E. (2014), Lipid in skeletal muscle myotubes is associated to the donors' insulin sensitivity and physical activity phenotypes. Obesity, 22: 426–434. doi: 10.1002/oby.20556
Funding agencies: This word was supported by an unrestricted research grant from Novartis, Novartis Clinical Innovation Fund (to S.R.S.); an unrestricted research grant from Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America; NIH 1R01AG030226-01A2 (to S.R.S.) and was partially supported by NORC Center grant # 2P20DK072476-06 entitled “Nutritional Programming: Environmental and Molecular Interactions” sponsored by NIDDK and COBRE (NIH 2P20-RR021945). This work used the facilities of the Cell Biology and Bioimaging Core facilities that are supported in part by COBRE (NIH P20-RR021945) and CNRU (NIH 1P30-DK072476) center grants from the National Institutes of Health.
Clinicaltrials.gov registration numbers: NCT00402012, NCT00401791.
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 10 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 JUL 2013 08:11AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 JUL 2012
- 9Skeletal Muscle Mitochondrial Capacity and Insulin Resistance in Type 2 Diabetes. J Clin Endocrinol Metabol 2011:jc. 2010-1621v1., , , et al.
- 17Skeletal muscle mitochondrial capacity and insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2011:jc.2010-1621., , , et al.
- 39Lipid partitioning, incomplete fatty acid oxidation, and insulin signal transduction in primary human muscle cells: effects of severe obesity, fatty acid incubation, and fatty acid translocase/CD36 overexpression. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2010;95:3400-3010., , , et al.