Funding agencies: This study was supported in part by research grants from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK P60 DK0079637), the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development (NICHD, U54HD070725), and Ewha Womans University (RP-Grant 2012). The U54 project (U54HD070725) is co-funded by the NICHD and the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) at the NIH. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH.
Brief Cutting Edge Report
The association between early menarche and offspring's obesity risk in early childhood was modified by gestational weight gain
Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 19–23, January 2014
How to Cite
Min, J., Li, Z., Liu, X. and Wang, Y. (2014), The association between early menarche and offspring's obesity risk in early childhood was modified by gestational weight gain. Obesity, 22: 19–23. doi: 10.1002/oby.20567
Disclosures: The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
Author Contributions: Youfa Wang designed the present study, directed its implementation including quality assurance and control, and secured funding and administrative support. Zhu Li directed the original large surveillance system and field data collection, and participated in manuscript preparation. Xia Liu participated in data collection and manuscript preparation. Jungwon Min conducted literature review, designed the study, conducted data analysis and drafted the manuscript. All authors had final approval of the submitted and published versions.
- Issue online: 11 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 JUL 2013 01:46AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 6 JAN 2013
- 7WHO Multicentre Growth Reference Study Group. WHO Child Growth Standards: length/height-for-age, weight-for-age, weight-for-length, weight-for-height and body mass index-for-age: methods and development. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2006.
- 8Commitee to Reexaming IOM Pregnancy Weight Guidelines, Institute of Medicine and National reserach council. Weight gain during pregnancy: Reexaming the guidelines; 2009.