Funding agencies: Clinical trial reg. no. NCT00697580, clinicaltrials.gov. This work was supported by the following: The Robert C. and Veronica Atkins Foundation Grant, and USC Graduate Provost Fellowship. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the sponsoring agencies.
Brief Cutting Edge Report
Adipose tissue 11βHSD1 gene expression, βcell function and ectopic fat in obese African Americans versus Hispanics
Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 14–18, January 2014
How to Cite
Gyllenhammer, L. E., Alderete, T. L., Mahurka, S., Allayee, H. and Goran, M. I. (2014), Adipose tissue 11βHSD1 gene expression, βcell function and ectopic fat in obese African Americans versus Hispanics. Obesity, 22: 14–18. doi: 10.1002/oby.20571
Disclosure: The authors have no competing interests to report.
Author contributions: L.E.G. designed the study, analyzed data, wrote the manuscript, and reviewed and edited the manuscript. S.M., H.A., M.I.G. reviewed and edited the manuscript. T.L.A. contributed to data and sample collection and reviewed and edited the manuscript.
- Issue online: 11 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 JUL 2013 01:59AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 31 JAN 2013
- 2Liver fat has a stronger association with risk factors for type 2 diabetes in african-americans compared to Hispanics. (Under Review at JCEM)., , , , .
- 17Glucocorticoids fail to cause insulin resistance in human subcutaneous adipose tissue in vivo. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2013., , , et al.