This study was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov and numbered: NCT 01653886 (pilot study) and NCT 01653145 (main study).
Short-term overeating results in incomplete energy intake compensation regardless of energy density or macronutrient composition
Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 119–130, January 2014
How to Cite
Apolzan, J. W., Bray, G. A., Hamilton, M. T., Zderic, T. W., Han, H., Champagne, C. M., Shepard, D. and Martin, C. K. (2014), Short-term overeating results in incomplete energy intake compensation regardless of energy density or macronutrient composition. Obesity, 22: 119–130. doi: 10.1002/oby.20587
Funding agencies: USDA 2010-34323-21052, NIH K23 DK 068052, NIH P30 DK072476.
Disclosure:The authors have no conflicts of interest and the authors have no competing interests.
Author Contributions: The authors responsibilities were as follows: GAB, MTH, CMC, and CKM designed research; TWZ conducted research; HH analyzed data; JWA and CKM wrote the paper; and JWA and CKM had primary responsibility for final content.
- Issue online: 11 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 AUG 2013 03:42AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 19 FEB 2013
- 1Overweight and Obesity Statistics. In: Diseases NIDDK (ed). WIN Weight-control Information Network Bethesda, 2010, pp 1-7.
- 2Obesity and cardiovascular disease: Pathophysiology, evaluation, and effect of weight loss: An update of the 1997 American Heart Association Scientific Statement on Obesity and Heart Disease from the Obesity Committee of the Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism. Circulation 2006;113:898-918., , , et al.
- 7Effects of exercise on appetite control:loose coupling between energy expenditure and energy intake. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1998;22(Suppl 2):S22-S29., .
- 12Limits of human endurance: Lessons from the Tour de France. In: Kinney JM, Tucker HN (eds). Physiology, stress, and malnutrition: Functional correlates, nutritional intervention. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven Publishers; 1997, pp 451-462..
- 18Beck Depression Inventory-II. San Antonio: Psychological Corporation; 1996., &