Funding agencies: VA Career Development Award (S.J.P.), a VA Merit Review Award (A.S.R.), the Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (GRECC), the Mid-Atlantic Nutrition Obesity Research Center (P30-DK072488), and the University of Maryland Claude D. Pepper Center (P30-AG028747). Dr. Prior is currently supported by K23-AG040775.
Metabolic inflexibility during submaximal aerobic exercise is associated with glucose intolerance in obese older adults
Article first published online: 16 OCT 2013
Copyright © 2013 This article is a US government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 451–457, February 2014
How to Cite
Prior, S. J., Ryan, A. S., Stevenson, T. G. and Goldberg, A. P. (2014), Metabolic inflexibility during submaximal aerobic exercise is associated with glucose intolerance in obese older adults. Obesity, 22: 451–457. doi: 10.1002/oby.20609
Disclosures: The authors declare no conflict of interest.
Author contributions: SJP, ASR, and APG conceived and designed the research. SJP, ASR, and TGS performed the experiments and analyzed the data. All authors were involved in writing the paper and had final approval of the submitted and published versions.
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 16 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 AUG 2013 04:38AM EST
- Manuscript Revised: 16 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAY 2013
- 6Utilization of glycogen but not plasma glucose is reduced in individuals with NIDDM during mild-intensity exercise. J Appl Physiol 1996;81(5):20272033., , , , , .
- 16Manual feedback technique for the control of blood glucose concentration. Scova N. et al. In Automation in Analytical Chemistry (Technicon Symposium). New York: Mediad; 1966, 489-491., , , .
- 26Low clonogenic potential of circulating angiogenic cells is associated with lower density of capillaries in skeletal muscle capillarization in patients with impaired glucose tolerance. Diabetes Metab Res Rev 2013;29:319-325., .