*Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, Korea University
Chronic sleep fragmentation promotes obesity in young adult mice
Article first published online: 16 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 758–762, March 2014
How to Cite
Wang, Y., Carreras, A., Lee, S., Hakim, F., Zhang, S. X., Nair, D., Ye, H. and Gozal, D. (2014), Chronic sleep fragmentation promotes obesity in young adult mice. Obesity, 22: 758–762. doi: 10.1002/oby.20616
Funding agencies: DG is supported by National Institutes of Health grants HL65270 and HL86662. SZ was supported by a Comer Kids Classic grant.
Disclosure: The authors have no competing interests.
Authors Contributions: YW conducted experiments, analyzed data, drafted portions of the manuscript, and served as blinded observer. AC, SXZ, FH, SL, and DN performed experiments and analyzed data. HY performed analyses of metabolic chamber data in a blinded fashion. DG provided the conceptual design of the project, analyzed data, drafted the manuscript, and is responsible for the financial support of the project and the manuscript content. All authors have reviewed and approved the final version of the manuscript. DG is supported by National Institutes of Health grants HL-65270, HL-086662, and HL-107160. Dr. Gozal is the guarantor of this work, had full access to all the data, and takes full responsibility for the integrity of data and the accuracy of data analysis.
- Issue published online: 5 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 16 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 SEP 2013 02:24AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 24 JUN 2013
- 10Short sleep duration, glucose dysregulation and hormonal regulation of appetite in men and women. Sleep 2012;35:1503-1510., , , , .
- 14Sleep fragmentation differentially modifies EEG delta power during slow wave sleep in socially isolated and paired mice. Sleep Sci 2009;2:64-75., , .
- 30The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, obesity, and chronic stress exposure: Sleep and the HPA axis in obesity. Curr Obes Rep 2012;1:208-215., .