Dr Marie Lambert passed away on February 20th, 2012. Her leadership and devotion to the QUALITY cohort will always be remembered and appreciated.
Insulin secretion and its association with physical activity, fitness and screen time in children
Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Obesity Society
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 504–511, February 2014
How to Cite
Henderson, M., Gray-Donald, K., Rabasa-Lhoret, R., Bastard, J.-P., Barnett, T. A., Benedetti, A., Chaput, J.-P., Tremblay, A. and Lambert, M. (2014), Insulin secretion and its association with physical activity, fitness and screen time in children. Obesity, 22: 504–511. doi: 10.1002/oby.20619
Funding agencies: The QUALITY cohort is funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada and the Fonds de la recherche en santé du Québec. Tracie Barnett is a research scholar (Junior 2 level) of the Fonds de la recherche en santé du Québec. Angelo Tremblay holds Canada Research Chair in Environment and Energy Balance. Rémi Rabasa-Lhoret is a research scholar (senior level) of the Fonds de la recherche en santé du Québec and holds the J-A DeSève Chair in Clinical Research. Jean-Philippe Chaput holds a Junior Research Chair in Healthy Active Living and Obesity Research.
Disclosure: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue online: 3 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 SEP 2013 01:55AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 21 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 2 APR 2013
- 11Physical activity of Canadian children and youth: Accelerometer results from the 2007 to 2009 Canadian Health Measures Survey. Health Rep 2011;22:15-23., , , , , .
- 14Quality control and data reduction procedures for accelerometry-derived measures of physical activity. Health Rep 2010;21:63-69., , .
- 16Exercise Testing and Exercise Prescription for Special Cases: Theoretical Basis and Clinical Application. Baltimore, MD: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2005..
- 17Measurement in pediatric exercise science. In: Physiology CSfE (ed). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics Publishers; 1996, p 344..
- 232000 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Growth Charts. http://cdc.gov/growthcharts/ 2000 [July 12, 2012].
- 26Generalized Additive Models. New-York, NY: Chapman and Hall; 1990., .