Disclosures: H.E.B. has received research grants and has served on advisory panels for Janssen, as well as several other pharmaceutical companies. R.W. has received research grants to his institution from Janssen. G.L. is an employee of Janssen Research and Development, LLC. W.C. is an employee of Janssen Global Services, LLC.
Canagliflozin: Effects in overweight and obese subjects without diabetes mellitus
Article first published online: 9 DEC 2013
© 2013 The Authors Obesity published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of The Obesity Society (TOS)
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Volume 22, Issue 4, pages 1042–1049, April 2014
How to Cite
Bays, H. E., Weinstein, R., Law, G. and Canovatchel, W. (2014), Canagliflozin: Effects in overweight and obese subjects without diabetes mellitus. Obesity, 22: 1042–1049. doi: 10.1002/oby.20663
Author Contributions: H.E.B and R.W. contributed to the conduct of the study and the acquisition, analysis, and interpretation of data, and reviewed and approved the manuscript. G.L. contributed to the analysis and interpretation of data, and reviewed and approved the manuscript. W.C. contributed to the design and conduct of the study, and the acquisition, analysis, and interpretation of data, and reviewed and approved the manuscript.
- Issue published online: 26 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 9 DEC 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 NOV 2013 04:07AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUL 2013
This article has been cited by:
- 2Advances in the Science, Treatment, and Prevention of the Disease of Obesity: Reflections From aDiabetes CareEditors’ Expert Forum, Diabetes Care, 2015, 38, 8, 1567, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 3Canagliflozin for the treatment of adults with Type 2 diabetes, Diabetes Management, 2015, 5, 3, 183, , , ,
- 6Horizons in the Pharmacotherapy of Obesity, Current Obesity Reports, 2015, 4, 4, 451,
- 7Sodium–glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitors and blood pressure decrease, Journal of Hypertension, 2015, 33, 11, 2185, , ,
- 8Weight Management in Type 2 Diabetes: Current and Emerging Approaches to Treatment, Diabetes Care, 2015, 38, 6, 1161, ,
- 9A worldwide yearly survey of new data in adverse drug reactions, 2015,,
- 10Canagliflozin: A Review of Its Use in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Drugs, 2014, 74, 7, 807,
- 11Investigational drugs in Phase II clinical trials for the treatment of obesity: implications for future development of novel therapies, Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs, 2014, 23, 8, 1055, , ,
- 12Traiter le diabète de type 2… et le surpoids, Option/Bio, 2014, 25, 501, 11,